Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

My 08 Chevy Impala LT 3.5 shows three codes: P0523, P0689

Customer Question

My 08 Chevy Impala LT 3.5 shows three codes: P0523, P0689 and P2122. Please explain the codes and the fix.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

The P0523 typically triggers when the oil pressure sending unit goes bad. The fix for this code is to replace the oil pressure sending unit. --This is very common.

The P0689 is an ignition voltage code. This means that there is either a bad ignition switch, bad voltage signal to the ignition switch, or simply an old code left in the system because of a dead battery. The first thing to do to fix this would be to reset the code and see if it comes back. If it does then you will need to proceed with ignition switch testing.

The p2122 indicates a bad accelerator pedal position sensor. The fix for this would be to replace the accelerator pedal assembly- this is very common. We replace them all of the time on our police impalas.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you need additional help with this vehicle or did you get it sorted out?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for all your help.Tried everything you advised, without any success. Now vehicle is showing a code for the computer. Your advise was great, to many other problems. The vehicle is now at the dealer. Thanks again for all your help
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help in the future.

Please don't forget to rate.