Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

1995 Corvette, was running poorly, also had issues with

Customer Question

1995 Corvette, was running poorly, also had issues with security system, alarm would go off while driving it, also had issues with it starting....cranked and cranked then would start, this went on for a month or 2, then it wouldn't start at all, had to let it sit for over 2 years now....just started working on it again. Had it towed to dealer who said it needed distributor and water pump; brought it home to work on it....new plugs, new distributor, new water pump, new fuel pump...still just cranks, but not firing. SYS light flashes 3 times. Son-in-law who has been working on it getting frustrated. We were hoping this would be at-home garage repair as dealer gave quote of $1300 to just start working on it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse to the injectors and proper fuel pressure. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to check each one of these things to see which one you are lacking. If you can get this done and post back with the results, I will see if I can help you determine the cause.