Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I just purchased a 2006HHR w/160,000 miles on it. the only

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2006HHR w/160,000 miles on it. the only way the windshield wipers will work is if I manually hold the arm down. I'm not sure if it's electrically or what.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I have, but not sure if there blown, not sure if power is reaching wiper motor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Only if I can
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I know of it was taken care of I recently changed out battery and several fuses
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

so,you are saying that the wipers will work if you hold pressure on the switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to manually hold pressure for wiper to work. I'm guessing they should work without help

ok

yes,,they should..

sense they do work,,we know that it does get power to the wiper motor..

so i would think your problem here is the wiper switch itself is bad and may need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should be the problem

i would think the switch itself

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Wiper Switch

Front Wiper Switch

15915858$47.12

Rear Wiper Switch

22724902$44.60

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace Wiper Switch

B-0.4-0.5 hours

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this expensive?. How hard is it to change

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/04h476zofvm35tt/0609-hhr-Steering%20Column%20Components.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/04h476zofvm35tt/0609-hhr-Steering%20Column%20Components.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

it cost around $48 part# *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help, I'll pick up a maintenance manual after work.

you are very welcome