Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

I have a 1991 chevy c1500,and the hvac control head flashes

Customer Question

i have a 1991 chevy c1500,and the hvac control head flashes arrows,cant control the heat or the ac,and also the compressor does not come on
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: over 200000,and wut kind of leaking
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i cant do anything with the contoller head,all that is working is the heater
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: of course,that y im on this forum
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried the disconnection of the baterry,i cleaned the terminals on the controller with the pencil eraser
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. Control head faulty.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,