Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Drove my 2006 duramax thru mud/water. Now unlocks at

Customer Question

Drove my 2006 duramax thru mud/water. Now unlocks at takeoff. Doesnt shift up. I clear codes it works fine till i take off again
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

Do you know which codes are storing?

How deep was the water and how long were you in it?

Is there water in the transmission oil?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
0700 transmission system control. Just 2' deep at 30mph. Dirt an mud up over the tranny. Fluid is good an clean.

Thanks, ***** ***** code means that the transmission has requested the computer to turn on a warning light. This code only means there are more codes stored for the transmission. Since your tool was not able to retrieve these codes that means its not trans compatible. A better tool is needed to diagnose this. For now I suggest you pressure wash the underside or park over one of those sprinklers that slowly rocks side to side like a Japanese hand fan. Once clean get under the truck and unplug all connectors related to the transmission. Use flammable brake cleaner like Auto Zone brand to clean the pins, this will also dry them out. Then smear a 1/16 th layer of Di-electric grease over the connector pin surface then reconnect them. Then retest.

Please let me know if you are pleased with my help. If you are not please reply prior to rating the answer.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris