Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer and while driving along my check

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 1995 Chevy Blazer and while driving along my check engine light will come on and I experience a loss of power (car shuts down), both at the same time. My mechanic has run the diagnostic code which pointed to possible Map sensor but he said that when he checked checked out ok, so even my mechanic is at a loss?? The car is with him now but do you have any other ideas that we/he can troubleshoot?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set a fault code. You mentioned he retrieved the code. Can you tell me what the actual fault code and or code was that he found and post back with it and I will see if I can help you determine what is causing the problem you are having.