Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

My 98c1500suburban won't start unlessraw fuel ispoured

Customer Question

my 98c1500suburban won't start unlessraw fuel ispoured into the .. . air intake.it apears as the injectors are notworking
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

So can I assume you can hear the fuel pump run? If so, check the fuse for the fuel injectors and/or ecm/pcm.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

The fuel injectors is fed from the ECM-1 fuse in the underhood fuse/relay center and should be hot on both sides with the key on run and start.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 6 months ago.

Actually, that fuse should be fine since it also feeds the ignition coil and it does start with raw gas.

So, it must either be the fuel pump, which I am waiting on you for an answer to or the fuel injector pulse which could come to either the pcm fuse, the pcm itself or a problem with the wiring.

So, first of all make sure the pcm fuse is good. That's the ECM-B fuse in the underhood fuse/relay center and it should be hot on both sides all the time.