Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

93 GMC 3500 with 6.5 deisel engine. The alternator went out

Customer Question

93 GMC 3500 with 6.5 deisel engine. The alternator went out so I replaced it. Now the ignition is dead. No power anywhere. New batteries. Two. ??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

All power to the truck comes from the battery's to the battery junction block and then the ignition switch and fuse panel. Start first with checking to make sure you have power from the battery's to the junction block and also at the fuse panel and the ignition switch . See the power distribution wiring diagrams in the links below. Copy and paste the links to your browser to open and view them.