GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I am replacing the ac heat blower and thought I would

Customer Question

I am replacing the ac heat blower and thought I would replace the fresh air actuator since it is clicking and ineffective but it looks imposible- even if I pull the dash. any suggestions?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaking lately?
Customer: 350k
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: clicking sound under dash on passenger side whenever I start or sti=op car and when I switch from outside air to recirculate
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i got the blower out and the dash loose to just be able to see the actuator but it is way up in there and hard to remove screws to actuator
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Was there anything on the home page that may have indicated that we know what kind of car you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1994 suburban
replacing recirculating accuator
I actually managed to get the actuator out by loosening the dash and the blower housing enough to get the acctuator out.
Otherwise I guess I would have to take the dash out entirely and loosen the entire heater enough to get to it.

Good job, the data base normally does say to remove the dash on some of them. Seems that you figured out how to do it a little easier. Thank you and please come again, anytime.