GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2001 Chevy Tahoe, traction off and abs lights constantly on,

Customer Question

2001 Chevy Tahoe, traction off and abs lights constantly on, just had the alternator changed and now occasionally when you push in on the accelerator nothing happens, when this happens both lights go off and stay off until acceleration starts working again, 5 days at mechanic, 4 with Firestone and 1 with Chevy, no computer codes to indicate what the problem is
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

If the traction control light and ABS lights are on, this means there are codes in the computer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Those codes are in the computer, there is no code for the no acceleration issue
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

Thats because the check engine light is not on

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no check engine light and no reduced power light, 5 days in the shop and the cannot figure out what's wrong
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 4 months ago.

I understand. May I please get the codes causing those other lights to come on?