Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

How do I install the glass only on the driver's side mirror

Customer Question

How do I install the glass only on the driver's side mirror on a 2005 chevy equinox.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The glass was broken but not the housing. We have tried to do it but it seems like the glass will break when we try. What is the correct way to install it ourselves. We don't really have the big bucks to have a dealer do it for us.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to try and snap it on or to slide it on.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No, it is pretty simple. We just need to get that glass on without breaking it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

I have enclosed the mirror glass removal and install steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.