C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

I have a 2008 Chevy Express 3500 6.0 has a slight hesitation

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy Express 3500 6.0 has a slight hesitation I'm trying to figure out what causes it and then it doesn't want to stop moving
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: But it's not as if I'm going to make it a chance and let's start making the time I could feel the slight hesitation and I'm not sure what's causing it I'm not sure it was the fuel filter inside the gas tank or is it outside fuel filter I met your with plugs or wires I don't know if it's a universal joint I don't know what the carrier bearing antennas really work or is that slight hesitation at idle and runs fine
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine turns over fine battery is brand new
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I change the belt and pulleys change oil offen iam very cod
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

I would begin by doing a basic tune up and replacing the spark plugs if they are still the original. If you are over 100k miles I would also replace the coils. After 100k most of these are still running the original and they will need to be replaced. If all that is good than I suspect you have a issue with a dirty carboned up throttle body. I would recommend removing the throttle body from the vehicle using throttle body cleaner you will need to clean it very good, use q tips to get down in every crevice over time they get full or carbon causing your condition you are now having. Thanks.