Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

My 2006 express van throttle got stuck ! had to put in

Customer Question

hi , my 2006 express van throttle got stuck ! had to put in neutral and turnnoff engine...coast into a gas station...i see the spring doesn't bring the throttle all the way back to idle position... i can push it and get it were it needs to be. seems like the spring is fatigued or sticking...im going back to the van with my tools and wd-40 and see if i can get going. have owned this van for 2 months only... any advice?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine? OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 3500 vortex... 100000 about. hoping to fix it myself or at least get it to a shop...dangerous to drive!
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no...except maybe its a box truck based on the 3500 van
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 10 months ago.

See if there is anything coming into contact with the spring preventing it from working, if not remove the spring entirely and get a new spring the same size and install it and check the throttle again.