Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

What would cause the key lockup after the car has been

Customer Question

what would cause the key lockup after the car has been setting for a while.i put in a new battery and the key still will not turn ,it is locked in the mid poshion,can not shif and the steering column
is not locked
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please tell me about just answer I did not know I was joining anything I thought I was just getting an answer to one question
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

There is an option to get one question answered as well as an option to get a subscription and there is always a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

….

That is a bad ignition lock cylinder, the lock cylinder will have to be replaced.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,

Thanks