GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The shifter off when I put it in park is not putting the

Customer Question

The shifter off when I put it in park is not putting the transmission in park and I've got the console sort of taking the part where I can hit the button move the shifter back down but the on the dashboard it's it's still in Drive so it's not shifting transmission but it looks like the cable still connected
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: it's got 78000 miles on it and it just started today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeppers
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took the top part of the consult up and down I can see the button to push it so they get gear shift moves but that's all I've done so that's where I'm at
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No complaints everything else is fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 4 months ago.

It sounds to me like you have a problem with the transmission range sensor. What is the year make model of the vehicle?