Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Wanted to find out if I have just a bad fuse or what in my

Customer Question

Wanted to find out if I have just a bad fuse or what in my 2008 Silverado. I turn the key and it just loses power.
Initially it would just click and then all the power in the truck would go off.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Honestly, it sounds like you either have a bad battery (dead or shorted cell) or you have a bad, loose or corroded connection somewhere. Most likely on the battery it self but could be on the starter as well. Check the connections and let me know what you find. Also if you can take the battery out and have it tested would be good as well.Let me know what you find so I can continue to assist.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Do you still need help with this problem?

can I be of anymore assistance with this problem? was my reply helpful? Thanks Sonny