Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

I have an 06 Silverado 5.3 crew cab. the AC is not blowing

Customer Question

hello I have an 06 Silverado 5.3 crew cab. the AC is not blowing out at any speed. When the truck is going at high speed I can barely feel the cold air. I think it might be the blower motor resistor or the blower motor itself.
JA: How is the air flow? Have you checked the hoses?
Customer: they are good'
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed the HVAC fuse under the hood and tested the 10amp fuse on the side of the driverside door
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No truck is running fine and I olny think the problem is the bloer motor or the resistor
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.

You can give the blower motor a test by applying 12v across the connector. Purple = ( + ) / Black = ( - ). If the blower motor does not respond, it will need to be replaced. If it does respond, suspect the resistor. Both the motor and resistor are accessed from under the passenger's side dash. I've wrapped up the procedures to replace both into a PDF file. Download the file here:

If you found this answer helpful, please help me and leave a rating using the "stars" at the top of the page or click 'accept'.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
If you have any further question, please ask!
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 months ago.