Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2008 chevy avalanche with z55 suspension. I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 chevy avalanche with z55 suspension. I have replaced the air shocks and struts with passive shocks/struts and installed bypass resistors on the wires that used to connect the plugs to the shocks and I still have not only"service suspension" but also "abs", and service stabiltrak" & "traction control" flashing on the dash? one thing I notice is the truck is sitting 1.5"-2" higher than it was before the shock change? could the levelers height be maxed out and causing this?
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: The ride is much better than the air system and there is no fluid loss.
JA: What is the model of your '08 GM?
Customer: avalanche ltz
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That would be nice to be able to fix myself. I just had the this done and I thought the bypass resistors where going to take care of this problem.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm not a mechanic, but I thought the added height could be a clue to the situation.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I am sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help but I am not sure you still need help after this long wait. Do you still need help?

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was really set back by the fact that I had one question and you want to charge a monthly fee on my credit card! I got stung by a health supplement company using a similar markerting strategy. I don't mind paying a one time fee but My vechicle is in the repair shop anyway so I don't need the question answered. Thanks anyway, Barry
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
At this time I would rather not leave feedback.

Yes there is an option to be a subscription customer. We have alto fo those, mainly shops that ask us alot of questions monthly. You however did not sign up for that feature. Sorry you have paid to get help here but have decided you no longer want what you paid for. You can rate the post to close it out or leave it as is.

Thanks Barry, Chris