GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have had an issue with my security light and I installed a

Customer Question

I have had an issue with my security light and I installed a newrockies bypass module and all was good. then my fuel pump went out and I replaced it with oem parts and repaired the wire problem on the plug and all was good till my security light flashed a few different times and then a no start and I had to wait 10 minutes to reset just like before and now truck would not start all day and the security light flashed. went out this morning and it started right up. the module company says that it has to be something else shutting the fuel off. Is there another module that runs fuel pump all relays seem to be fine and no blown fuses ?
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: the light came on flashing a few times while driving but did not bother anything, then I shut it off and it would not start and no light at all, waited ten minutes and it started. now this time it would not start and then battery light flashes then security light flashed about four times then battery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have been an auto tech most of my life and son is also.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: when it won't start it will almost start then die very quickly like it has been shut off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

What year and model is this vehicle here as well as engine liter size?

Have you had the fault codes checked at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete