GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2004 Silverado that I just recently started with a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Silverado that I just recently started with a problem. While at a stop it surges then dies, it will start back up. It seems like when I am in rough roads thats when it does it. I was told it could be my spark plug wiring. I noticed when changing my spark plugs and wiring that my number one spark plug was loose and wiring looked chaffed, but to my surprise when I replaced all the plugs and wiring it seemed to have gotten worse. I am going to leave the plugs but going back to the old wiring to see if it changes. Next I will change the fuel filter. Again the engine surges sometimes it dies and sometimes it doesn't but it will start back up. To me it seems that it might be an electrical problem but when I but the OBDII tester I got no fault codes so I took it to Auto Zone to use there tester they also didn't get no codes. I am puzzled. I am going to go over my wiring to see if maybe it is grounding out somewhere. Please send me any of your suggestion to this issue.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Are you sure you didn't cross 2 spark plug wires when you put the new ones on. 5 and 7 get crossed a lot since the sit right next to each other on the cap and are also right next to eachother on the engine, too.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dude, your kidding right. 5 and 7 its a 6 cylinder. For some reason when I responsed to you it kicked me out and then I already saw a 5 dollar charge and 33 dollar charge on my account and I see with our answer I AM NOT SATISFIED WITH YOUR ANSWER. RIDICULOUS. We are done. I will am already NOT SATISFIED and will ask for ALL my REFUND and tackle it myself, again thanks but no thanks.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 11 months ago.

Now at what point did you tell me what engine was in this before you just said it was a 6 cylinder?