Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 1993 chevorlet 1500 : I am putting in a after

Customer Question

I have a 1993 chevorlet 1500
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am putting in a after market stereo and the yellow ignition wire isnt work dont know how to fix it
JA: How many miles on the car? How is the battery running?
Customer: 150000 and vattery is good
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses tried different wires to eachother And also the dash lights won't stay off after keys is off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

there are NO blown fuses and the yellow wire at the radio shows no volts at all with the truck off or on and running ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has no volts at all and bo blown fuses but when a wire touched earlier it make a sound and i though a fuse blew below the steering.wheel.but.nothinf
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

that yellow wire goes right to the fuse called radio a 10 amp fuse in the inside fuse box

change that fuse and if that yellow does NOT show 12 volts still and that fuse is good and shows 12 volts at that fuse than that yellow wire is bad between the radio connector and that fuse and its usually best to just run a new wire from that fuse right to the radio

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
how are you making out ?you can always get me back through this post for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out ?