GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I would like to know which years are the timing chains

Customer Question

I would like to know which years are the timing chains compatible with for the chevy cavalier z24
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to replace the water pump and most likely timing chain, I read somewhere that you need the specific year timing chain for the car, but since I am ordering it off ebay they list them through out the years the car was manufactured. one from a 1995 will not work on a 1999, I just want to know which years were compatible
JA: So many things can cause water pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just getting the info first
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what is the engine size?

what year do you need the chain for,,ill try to help you find one

thanks