Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

2012 chevy cruze throwing code p0236 and p2227. turbo boost

Customer Question

2012 chevy cruze throwing code p0236 and p2227. turbo boost sensor and baro pressure sensor. could these sensors have gone bad? car was in a rear end collision, i clear the codes but when the owner drove it the engine light came back on and throwing the same codes.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe, it depends if its accident related.. i own a body shop and don't do a whole lot of mechanical stuff unless its part of the collision repair.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

I've seen this once before. The car needed a PCM/ECM reprogram after the body work was done. I'm not sure why. I really never understood what happened; this car was in a front end collision and after the body work we kept getting p0236 and p2227. We checked and replaced the boost pressure sensor and then checked grounds and the connector at the PCM/ECM. After wiggling the connectors and making sure they were seated we performed a reflash on the PCM/ECM and the codes didn't return.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

It's possible that the ECM connector was just knocked loose in the accident, but it still wouldn't keep the codes off until after the re-flash.

Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Did you need any additional help with this?

If not, please don't forget to rate.