sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I am trying to install my bully dog tune on my 2016 chevy

Customer Question

i am trying to install my bully dog tune on my 2016 chevy sliverado and it keeps giving me a 007 invalid region code when i go to install the tune
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i've tried doing the update utilty from bully dog and finding the closest selection to my vehicle
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: they do not have a 2016 chevy in there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: ive disconnected all the fues
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Can you post the part number of the tuner you have and the size (1500,2500) and engine of the Silverado
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have a chevy 5.3 liter
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a 40417
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you there
Looking a few things up. Give me a min. Sorry
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no worries just wanted to make sure, i just never seen a 007 invalid region code before.
Ok, so when you say you updated and picked the closest one to your vehicle? Which selection did you make?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
14 sliverado /sierra
Hhmm, the 2016 Silverado 5.3 not show up for you? Among the options should be a 2016 5.3 and another for 2014-2016 5.3 you probably need the 2016 only option. Do you have a LS, LT, or LTZ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
LTZit shows up when i go to change my vehicle on the tune itself, but when i disconnect and do the update utility on my computer i do not see any 2016 options
Ok let me check a few things. I'm sorry my internet is really really slow right now for some reason :-/
Ok I can't get my internet to work well enough. So I'm going to opt out for now. But you can go to and click on support then 50-state gt gas then knowledge base and either do a live chat with the company tech or call(###) ###-#### ***** sorry I wish I could get into the system right now but it keeps timing out. Even JA is going super slow for me. :-/
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?