Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

2003 Silverado won't start. Just started a minute ago. Oil

Customer Question

2003 Silverado won't start. Just started a minute ago. Oil life reset indicator comes on
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: should check that
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just tried cranking it. It turns over fine. Just won't start
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: it was a little low on oil
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

will it somewhat run on starting fluid or carb cleaner sprayed down the throttle body ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you walk me through that?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also, I haven't changed the the oil for about 4000 miles. Could that be the problem?
Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.

remove the air hose from the aircleaner that connects to the engine and spray in some starting fluid or carb cleaner make sure the engine oil is full and see if the engine will somewhat run on the spray

OR connect a fuel pressure gauge to the test port on the fuel rail and see what the fuel pressure is key ON engine OFF

Expert:  Gary replied 4 months ago.
how are you making out ?you can always get me back through this post for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer