JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

Battery display on. says service charging system and flashes

Customer Question

battery display on. says service charging system and flashes battery saver active
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 74000 year 2013 impala don't know about the charge
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: battery light on says service charging system. flashes battery saver active
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: will the battery go dead?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 1 year ago.

have you had the charging system tested?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

sounds like the alternator has failed...I would suggest having it tested

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you