Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 1994 diesel turbo 6.2 chevy that keeps accelerating

Customer Question

Hello I have a 1994 diesel turbo 6.2 chevy that keeps accelerating as if the throttle is pressed to the floor board. I have to shut it off because I am afraid its going to blow up.
It blows a big cloud of white or black smoke. I have gotten it to quit by disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting them but I need to know what the heck is wrong. Please can you give me an idea of what is wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

The first thing that needs to be done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out if you can to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set can be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If you need info on how to do this let me know.

This may be a fault with injectors as an issue possibly or injection pump issues internally as these can be common.You will want to start out with having the codes read out then test and diagnose the codes from there.If you can get the code info or already have the code info and can post it here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I ran the fault codes and got the numbers but that was a while ago I think I need to run it again can I get back with you or is this all the money will pay for?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do remember that it said I had a opened circuit And my truck has a recall for the brake circuit but I don't think that would translate to the engine do you?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

No problem.If you can run them again and post the code info back here this will help.You can come back at any time to this post here and reply when ready.

Thanks Pete