Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2006 HHr that I put key inand turned to allow me to put into

Customer Question

2006 HHr that I put key inand turned to allow me to put into neutral but it will not let me put it out of park. Now it will not let me turn key back to remove it, it only goes to acc point. I have no power to anything but even if I put a charge battery on the post under hood it still will power nothing. Key still will not remove.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: car is in park. I just got the car and was rebuilding body. middle of that process but all has worked till now. I do not know if it has a wheel lock feature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. about 30 miles from town
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: as I said booster on terminals under hood will not give me any power to door locks or such and key still will not remove or when turned to start will do nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: the only thing that happens is the dash alarm shows a picture of a car with a padlock ontop of it at some times. at times it goes out but that is the only electrical life I see. rear door is apparently electric and cannot open to verify battery is good.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

The key will not come out from the ignition lock solenoid not energized. We need to get power to the vehicle to resolve this. So lets start under the hood at the fuse box. Do those fuses show 12.6 battery voltage? If not then confirm the battery is good, those connections are good then check the battery ground connection to the body and engine and report on those results.

At the top of your screen you will see 1-5 stars and a green submit button. When your ready please make sure to pick a rating. Rating is the only way I get compensated for helping. Don't worry about a follow up later if needed, they are free and I welcome them. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris