Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Drove 900 miles home from texas ... i was getting gas and

Customer Question

drove 900 miles home from texas ... i was getting gas and looked at front of car and saw whispers of smoke not heavy just coming from drivers side wheel well ... started car idiot light came on drove home went to turn off key I did and removed key car was still running ..put key back in and it would not stop the car..
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: drove it removed batter cable car still running drove car did a few things and then car stopped and parking lights are on ... had to remove battery cable and lights off and so would the electric entry not work ... what can this bee ??
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: well the*****idiot light is on never have seen this ever 2002 trailblazer LT
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
waiting for your answers
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
be smarter to first answer questions before offering an up grade to a monthly subscription ... why would i buy with out any results or testing of the results ??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have any questions for mee ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this issue has never ever happened before !!! I stopped 6 times on the way home car always started and turned off ... I did notice on the way down that on some heavy road bumps my headlights would go out and then come on and yes now my head lights are off but brights work and fogs work
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The common cause of this on these vehicles are a faulty ignition switch and cylinder, relay, short, or harness problem. Most likely the ignition switch, The alternator is charging keeping power to all accessories with the engine running so disconnecting the battery will not do anything. With the PCMs and electronic modules in the car and the dangers of a battery exploding from an arc while connecting the cables, you should not disconnect the battery with the engine running.

To shut it down remove the ignition relay and fuses under the fuse box under the hood. Check the harness for corrosion , damage, and shorts. If okay verify power in and out of the ignition switch for a faulty ignition switch. Let me know Click here for an FYI video.

Video