Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I have a GMC 2500 hd and previous owner installed the 20"

Customer Question

i have a GMC 2500 hd and previous owner installed the 20" aluminum wheels but with Chevy emblem center cap. it appears like the snap in type as it does not have the plastic screw on lug nut type.. I cant figure out how to remove it without cracking it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried to pry off with flat screw driver but no luck..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no.. that should be it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its a 2011 GMC HD (6.2L) Gas, Extended Cab with long bed.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** probably have to remove the rim so you can push in tabs from behind the rim while prying off center cap. Have you tried that yet? Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no i have not..Thanks..
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

No problem, let me know if you run into more questions, thanks.