Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I t a curb today at about 8to 10 mph and tire popped on tire

Customer Question

I hit a curb today at about 8to 10 mph and tire popped on tire wall put the donut on drives okay just sounds like a grinding but not vary loud
Submitted: 6 months ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

is it making this grinding noise from the drivers side front wheel or where is this noise from ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Front right
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

with the small donut tire off the brakes look fine ? with the right side front jacked up and spinning the wheel by hand do you feel or hear the noise at all ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Breaks look fine didn't try to spin wheel tho
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.

see if you can spin the wheel by hand and listen for the noise

if you do not hear it then either the donut tire is making the noise or the ABS sensor or wiring to that wheel ABS speed sensor could have been damaged possibly lightly engaging the ABS when it should not be causing that issue

if you hear it hen spinning the wheel then the odds are the hub / wheel bearing is usually the issue

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out ?you can always get me back through this post for free with any follow up with this question anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswerif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer