BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Service exhibit fluid system light on. Reducing power. 50

Customer Question

Service exhibit fluid system light on. Reducing power. 50 miles til it drops us to 4mph. Can we unhook battery to clear the code? On road trip.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is no mechanic. Everything is closed. Would unhooking the battery work do you think?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I think it's our only option. Husband handy. But thought there may be an easy fix, per se.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turning it off a couple times. That's it. We are thinking to unhook battery terminals and sit for a bit. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I just wondered if you has ever heard of anyone doing this with success.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Service engine light on too.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** things seem to always happen at the worst time. Most of the time unhooking the battery will not help, but it does not hurt to try. You need to check the fluid level first. If it is low then you should be able to purchase more fluid and simply add it to the system and then drive it until it resets. If the problem continues then the issue is in the sensors. These are common failure. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.