GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 1986 GMC 3500 Duravan motor home. The headlights

Customer Question

I have a 1986 GMC 3500 Duravan motor home. The headlights stopped working. Also the horn and tail lights don't work either. All other electrical works fine. I checked the red power wire on the headlight switch wire harn
ness and no power. I located the witres coming from the starter. Two red wires coming from the starter are connected to fuse links. Both of these wires are hot. They go thru fuse links and then connect to three red wires. Power is fine thru the single red wire connection but the other link connects to two red wires that I believe one goes to the headlight switch and the other don't know. Any help? I can give more info.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where can I buy fuse links if I need to replace one? Hard to find info on this. When will you reply?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I found the problem. A broken wire that connected to one of the fuse links. Please don't charge me for any service.
Thanks. Call me if you need to. ******
Don
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 10 months ago.

hello . I would be happy to help you with this .

That is great ! No problem . Thanks for using Just Answer !