Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have an 03 chevy silverado 1500 5.3l. When i go to start

Customer Question

I have an 03 chevy silverado 1500 5.3l. When i go to start it it turns over and wants to start but im not getting any ignition. I have fuel pressure and my battery is charged. I also have new sparkplugs ans wires on it. Any clue what it could be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tested fuel pressure or checked for spark? Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How would I check for spark? Yes I have checked the fuel pressure and the fuel pressure regulator.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

They have spark testers you can buy from parts store for around $15 or remove plug with coil attatched, ground it out and watch for spark. Let me know, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i have spark
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

What was fuel pressure reading?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Some how i get fuel to the rails but the pressure is 0
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Replace the fuel filter, if problem still exists verify pump has good power/ground when trying to start if so replace the fuel pump. I'd also make sure you have fuel in the tank. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont know if this would have anything to do with it but when I turn the key but not crank it nothing showes up on the instrument cluster except the check engine light. Could something just be unpluged?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

That is definitely a problem. Start by checking all of the fuses if good next step is to check power/grounds on the PCM. If power/grounds are good that would point toward a problem with the PCM which would require going to dealer for fix. Let me know how the fuses look or if you have more questions, thanks