Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

Mirror switch quit working, removed panel from drivers door

Customer Question

Mirror switch quit working, removed panel from drivers door and now door lock switch will not work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Door lock switch will not work on driver or passenger door but key fob does work to lock and unlock doors, also this started after I removed panel because mirror control switch quit working fuse. Seems to be ok.
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned old switches they were dirty still did not help, replaced both switches. Checked fuses still not working
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No but may be important this truck has 24000 miles on it every thing is factory
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 5 months ago.

Sorry the door locks are not working now! Chances are when you went back together with the door panel you forgot to plug all the connectors into the master switch, or if they are there they are not clipped in all the way. I am do this job for a living, and manger multiple shops of techs and can say 99.9% of the time this is exactly what happens. It happens to all of us. With the key fob being able to unlock the doors i am certain this is what happened.

Go ahead and remove the panel,or the door lock switch if you can get it up without taking the door panel off and check for any loose or missing connectors.

Let me know what happens when you do that and what the outcome is!

Please do not forget to rate my service. That is the only way I get credit for any answer and time on this website. After you rate me, this thread will remain open so you can post back any other questions you may have!