GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I think the pass Lock system engaged. I have 12v on the

Customer Question

I think the pass Lock system engaged. I have 12v on the battery. it won't even crank when I go to start. when I turn the key all the lights light for 3 sec. they all turn off accept the orange engine light and the pass lock light.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: I don't know about the wheel lock feature. no the car was definitely in park.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: last night. I left the key in the accessory position for 15 min. turned it off then attempted to start it. we followed some directions. unlocking the door with the key three times. hitting the fab
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: This happened before.. the key broke in the ignition. after a week the pass lock engaged. I towed it to Huntington Chevy they swapped out the ignition for $700 cause it wan't included in my 4 year bumper to bumper warrantee. when I got it back my remote start didn't work anymore. nobody owned to that. and I have no Idea what could've triggered the pass lock this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!