BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy that I can not get to start. I have

Customer Question

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy that I can not get to start. I have changed the starter, battery and bought fuses and the only thing that is coming on is the back light on the dash board.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No someone else
JA: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am sorry to hear about your Envoy. Typically this is one of two things. Most of the time this is caused by the ignition switch. It is a very common failure. It can also be the body control module, but that is not as common as the switch. A voltage drop test of the switch needs to be done first. If both of these are fine then it may be an issue with the fuse box itself or the positive battery cable. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further questions.