Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

I can not get my AC to work 07 suburban light just blinks 3

Customer Question

I can not get my AC to work 07 suburban light just blinks 3 times! I just tried to recalibrate but did not work?!
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: That would be fantastic it's 90 today and sticky!
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 07 Chevy Z71 suburban 5.3 motor. I'm trying to use the air conditioner but when I push the button on dash it blinks 3 time than shuts off!
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if a easy fix yes! I'm sure their is a few tricks I can try! I just did the recalibration by thanking raido fuze out for 60 seconds and replace ing it than waiting another 60 and started truck but did not work?
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: I have no idea what your talking about with Pandora
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would prefer a Text message for my answer. thanx
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 6 months ago.

try this

1. Clear all DTCs. 2. Place the ignition switch to the OFF position. 3. Install the HVAC actuator. 4. Connect all previously disconnected components. 5. Remove the HVAC/ECAS fuse for a minimum of 10 seconds. 6. Install the HVAC/ECAS fuse. 7. Start the vehicle. 8. Wait 40 seconds for the HVAC control module to self-calibrate. 9. Verify that no DTCs have set as current DTCs.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
DTC? sorry not sure

oh . sorry . trouble codes

do you have a code reader or scanner ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
you say to install H VAC actuator? and the fuze you are referring to I believe is the raido fuze correct?

disregard the actuator part . no the fuse is labelled HVAC/ECAS . it is not the radio fuse

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok great is that one in box under hood

it should be under the hood , yes .

located here

should be labelled fuse number 38

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
found 38 pulled for 10 started truck waited 40 Sec pushed and started to flash

okay . You will need to scan the vehicle . normally on that application the flashing light is indicating Low refrigerant charge . Can you get what is called a " recharge" or " top up " kit ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
R 134

does the A/C clutch ( compressor ) ever turn on ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it does not ! the light just flashes 3 times and that's it! I just bought this truck 2 mts ago and it was cold and I didn't know much about all the buttons! I have had 8 4 runners before
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I also bought a 100 Mile bumper to bumper war. I might be worthy of a drop off?

okay . It indicates that it is low on R134a refrigerant . I would get a top up or recharge kit . Also on the passenger side firewall the big aluminum tank ( accumulator ) has a switch on it . Turn the Engine and A/C on , set to MAX , disconnect that pressure switch and use a paper clip or something to jumper that plug . Does the compressor run , if so leave it jumpered and see if the tank starts to get " cool "

Thanks