Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

How do I unlock my radio in my 2002 chevy impala my car

Customer Question

How do I unlock my radio in my 2002 chevy impala my car won't start
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: I have a issue with this car security system the car won't start at all this is a every day thing we call it the wonder car cause you always wonder if it going to start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I just want to get it started and it the security on it right now the radio lock up and it won't start
JA: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.
Customer: What is that I look on the internet and these car have had a proplem with the security system gm need to a recall on them
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No went the car start it run great but it the security system I have tryed everything since 7:30 this morning it now 1:05 and it still hasn't started
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

IF this is Factory Delco Radio, the Factory Radio being LOCED has nothing to do with the Car not starting & running

Unlocking the Doors with Factory Remote or Key should turn OFF the Security Indicator on the Cluster
IF the Radio shows "LOC" or "LOCKED", then use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to UNLOCK Radio
Be sure the Battery is not Low or dead
Jumper or Charge if you do not know

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got radio unlock how do I reset the pass code on the car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I been trying since 7:30 to get this car started

IF your vehicle started & ran prior to this, & the Battery went low or dead, then the PassLock may need to be "RELEARNED", but you are there with the vehicle & I cannot see or touch, so I am going by your info........
Be sure the Battery is Fully Charged & Cables are clean & tight
Connect a Charger or Jumper prior to the RELEARN

30 MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

1. Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the PASSLOCK Sensor Data Code and/or password).

did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer
thank you

did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer.
thank you
.

did you need more info?
please respond or rate my answer, as that is what was agreed to.
thank you