GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I cannot SEE the lever I'm supposed to push, to unlock the

Customer Question

I cannot SEE the lever I'm supposed to push, to unlock the HHR liftgate from inside, and the battery is dead.
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No problem diagnosing the battery problem. I got the trim panel off, and the manual says to PUSH the release lever.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. Even with a flashlight, I cannot SEE the lever, and the manual doesn't say to push it up, down, left, or right. Please post a link to a picture or a video, so I know what I'm supposed to see.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Please prove you're not a robot, by replying with a word that rhymes with "Light". I've already told you what I've tried. I have tried FINDING the lever, whjich is NOT illustrated in the manual, and does not appear in any images I can find on line.
JA: I'm an assistant to the Chevy Mechanic. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: none of the words in your reply rhyme with "light", so I think you are a computer program. Please connect me to someone who can post a picture or a LINK to a picture of what the lever looks like, and which direction to push it.
JA: Unless you give a sliver of your skin for DNA analysis, how would I know you were human?
Customer: I can mail a sliver of skin to Chevy HQ. Meanwhile, what does the lever LOOK like, and which way do I push it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No. Simply that I cannot find the release lever, the battery is dead, and the instructions in the manual do not tell me which direction to push the lever.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need an IMAGE of what the lever looks like, and WHICH WAY to push it. Please post a link. Video would be best.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

Let me see if I can locate an image or any info on this here for you.I will post back here shortly.I am not a robot like the previous replies you had above.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

What year is this model here?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Cancel my membership.
I simply took out the back floor panels which covere the battery, and have connected my charger.
I had thought I could not do that without first opening the hatch.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete