GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 1994 Corvette still will not start after I've new

Customer Question

My 1994 Corvette still will not start after I've new fuel pump, optispark, new fuel filter. Fuel pressure is okay. Any ideal what is causing this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

As Im sure you know , in order for the engine to start and run you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse, proper fuel pressure and good compression. I you are sure you have proper fuel pressure can you check the other things I have mentioned and see which one you are lacking and post back with the results and we can work from there to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll check those things but my car only has 35 K original miles on it. A tuneup shouldn't necessary until around 100 K.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

I would agree and In not saying you need a tune up, we just need to check and see which signal you loosing so we can determine the cause.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It was running great and I turned it off and it would not start again.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

I do not suspect its a compression problem with such low miles but if you can check spark, injector pulse and fuel pressure we should be able to determine what has failed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I'll try these things and get back with you (or someone). Thanks for the information.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.

Post back when your ready and we can work from there.