Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Truck will crank and then cuts rite back off security light

Customer Question

Truck will crank and then cuts rite back off security light is flashing along with battery light
JA: A security light issue can be an easy fix, once you get all the information you need. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the ins and outs of the issue. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2002 chevy silverdo seems like when it sits in heat it will do this last three days it has done this seems like it cranks fine any other time like this morning and last night it ran fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If i can
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I no of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

how do you end up getting the truck running when its acting up ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Last two times put jumper cable and it started today it just started one time I turned it off and would not start back didn't try jumper cables again had to leave to go back to work this morning b4 work it started rite up sit for about 5 hrs today then would not start back
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

right now its hard to say why adding a jumper cable made it start up

can you see if it will start with jumper cables now ?

usually when the theft/security light is blinking when it will not start the issue is the key OR the passlock sensor that reads the key to a BCM or an ECM issue

usually if you have the BCM and or ECM codes read and there is a code set for the passlock system then replacing the passlock sensor should correct this issue

if no codes set in either module then usually the issue will come down to a weak battery or bad battery cables or the ECM or the BCM being bad

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I going to try to get it hooked up to scanner and see if it gives me any codes thanks for your time
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.

anytime

you can always get me back for FREE through this post for any follow up anytime even after you rate us here at Justanswer