GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2008 chevy Silverado, acts up every so often where I lose

Customer Question

2008 chevy Silverado, acts up every so often where I lose horsepower, starts knocking, and stablitrak and engine lights flash, but goes away after a few days. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Have you had it scanned to see which codes are being stored?Is there a scenario that seems to make this occur more so than others?How long does this last?What liter engine?1500-2500-3500?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1500, when I had it scanned the code just read that cylinder 1 is missing, so I just changed all plugs and wires. this last time it last about 5 days. it seems to happen more often when the outside temp is warmer.
What liter engine?No ABS codes for the stabiltrack light?Is it still showing a miss on cylinder 1 after the plugs and wires?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no ABS. 5.3, I haven't had it checked yet, but after I changed the plugs and wires it still acted up. I shut it off for the night and then this morning I started it and it is running fine.