Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Chevrolet colorado 2005 no start no crankEngine was replace

Customer Question

Chevrolet colorado 2005 no start no crankEngine was replace before the engine was replaced was working just fine.. Agter the engine was replaced truck wont start.. No start no crank...
Checked battery is fine
When i jump start the starter it cranks
But not with ignition swith...I checked cables yellow/white at ignition terninal it has 4.8 volts checked blue/white 4.8 volts as wellEhat else can it be
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 7 months ago.

Hi Ernesto, Its Dan. I will be glad to try to help. Do you have power to all cab accessories? Are there any security warnings for a possible security system locking you out or any fault codes?

Try this procedure:

Passlock Reset procedure. Reset security system on chevy, buick, oldsmobile, cadillac, pontiac, saturn, hummer.

Make sure the battery if fully charged because this procedure may take up to 30 minutes and you cannot start the vehicle during this time. The instrument panel cluster (IPC). BCM and PCM must be in working order and the Passkey system repaired

1. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine and release the key to the ON position.

2. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

3. Turn the key to OFF for 10 seconds.

4. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine. If it starts and run, the system has reset. If it doesn’t start or run and release the key to the ON position and complete the rest of the steps.

5. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

6. Turn the key to OFF and wait 10 seconds.

7. Turn the key to ON and attempt to start the engine and release the key to the ON position.

8. The SECURITY light will illuminate. Wait 10 minutes until it turns off.

9. Turn the key to OFF and wait 10 seconds.

10. Start the engine

On Passkey systems..

Passkey II Reset procedure.

Passkey II reset procedure, reset security system on chevy, buick, oldsmobile, cadillac, pontiac, saturn, hummer

Make sure the battery if fully charged because this procedure may take up to 30 minutes and you cannot start the vehicle during this time. The BCM and PCM must be in working order and the Passkey system repaired

1. Turn the key to ON, but do NOT start the vehicle. Leave the key ON for 11 minutes. The security light should be on steady or flashing during the entire 11 minutes. Do NOT proceed to the next step until the security light either turns OFF or STOPS FLASHING.

2. Turn the key to OFF for 30 seconds.

3. Turn the key to ON for 11 minutes, just as in Step 1.

4. Turn the key to OFF for 30 seconds.

5. Turn the key to ON for 11 minutes. This will be the 3rd time you’re doing this.

6. Turn the key to OFF for 30 seconds (yes, this is the 3rd time you’re doing this too).

7. Turn the key to ON for 30 seconds.

8. Turn the key to OFF.

9. Start the engine.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok Daniel im actually doing it now... The lock sign is on not flashing
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No daniel it didnt work

Thanks for the update. Is your manual or auto trans? Click this link for the start circuit for both. Check your fuses and relays and be sure nothing was accidentally left disconnected. The schematics are below to help in testing power through the circuit. Let me know.

Auto Trans

Manual Trans

Schematics

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Auto

Thanks for the update. Test your Ignition circuit and neutral safety circuit as well as your fuses and relays. Relays are easiest to swap with a known good one for test purposes. Use the diagrams I posted to help test out the circuit. Let me know