Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

Where is the fuel pump relay on a 1989 Chevy Silverado JA:

Customer Question

where is the fuel pump relay on a 1989 Chevy Silverado
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well I drop the tank and replace the pump put it all back together and it still won't start but I can put a little gas in the carburetor it fires right up I don't think there's any power to the pump
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yeah I'm trying to like to try and find the relay and test it to see if it's getting the power to it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Dropping the tank and replacing the pump for the new one and now I'm trying to find out where the relay is
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Well it's getting spark cuz I can prime it and it fired right up but she's not getting fuel and I replace the unit in the tank and I know that was bad it was like brought it it's been sitting awhile the fires right up if you prime it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 6 months ago.

hello How are you today ?

here is the location of the relay and also take note that there is also a fuse . I am happy to have been able to be of assistance to you . Have a terrific day . Kevin .

is this what you are requiring ? I hope that this satisfies your request . Thank You for using JA . Kevin

Thanks !