Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I'm just reading your answer to a question from 6 years ago,

Customer Question

I'm just reading your answer to a question from 6 years ago, about the wire colors for the fuel pump pigtail verses the harness. In your breakdown of their purposes you say the grey wire is the Pump Supply Voltage. When Jose puts a current probe on the plug in he gets current from the purple wire terminal and not from any other terminal. He has spliced the wires: purple to purple/white, grey to grey, black to black, and orange/black to the smallest black wire.Also if he plugs into the fuel pump with it outside of the fuel tank is the pump supposed to run?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

that pump should not run unless you crank the engine over OR when you first key up the ignition it should prime for 2 seconds then shut off until it is cranked over

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

how are you making out ?