GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

There and thank you. Not sure if I have an Encoder motor

Customer Question

Hi there and thank you. Not sure if I have an Encoder motor issue or maybe the transfer case is shot. Driving in 2wd or 4wd strong noises from the t/case. Does not go into 4wd. The motor does sound like it shifts. dash light (4) work as normal. T/case had been run low on fluid.
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes, all good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: hoping to yes..
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Check engine light is on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** year, model, make, and engine size of vehicle? Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2000 Chevy Blazer LT 4.3 Has 4 dash lights for 4wd lo hi 2wd and auto , all working good.
Can hear the encoder shift in the transfer case but does not go into 4wd. Tried it several times 4lo in tight turn, does not crow walk.
Also on jack stands front driveline does not turn . The transfer case very noisy.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** for your input. Sorry I took so long to reply, I did not realize there was another window and I was waiting for the other to do something. My fault. No hurry.. thx again.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 9 months ago.
Hi . my name is ***** ***** still need help with it ?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no thank you..