GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I need to replace my IAC(idle air control valve), and I'm

Customer Question

I need to replace my IAC(idle air control valve), and I'm having a difficult time removing what seems like the cover of the throttle body. If you could offer any assistance in this area it would be appreciated!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am. I have all the parts, I just need to remove that cover first.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've loosened the hoses and air intake near the cover. But it still won't come off. It looks like there is a metal clamp connecting the cover to the throttle body which is located under neath, but no visible way to reach it.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: It's a 2004 Chevy malibu classic with a 2.2 Liter engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.
Did you have a "p-code" that pointed you to the IAC Valve?