Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

I have a 0U100 code on my 2008 Chevy Equinox, I know it's

Customer Question

Hi I have a 0U100 code on my 2008 Chevy Equinox, I know it's the communication module, but where is it located??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car is not starting
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jumping it,
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: I disconnected the battery for 30min and still not starting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.
Hello, engine size?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a 3.6
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a U0100 code, thank you
Ok, not really called the "communications module" it is a code setting for a problem communicating with the PCM or main computer. No way for me to say where problem is, I would have to be there with full scanner and testing but, many times it is a electrical plug at the PCm making bad connection OR bad PCM, I have included a couple files, One is very technical about the code, the other? location and repair of the PCM