GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

AC blowing cold, then hot, then cold. Trying to confirm that

Customer Question

AC blowing cold, then hot, then cold. Trying to confirm that it is a low refrigerant issue and verifying where I should stick this can of R-133a.
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Sorry, 134a
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Had a mechanic try to verify that my compressor disengages and then reengages. We couldn't get it to misbehave when we looked at it, probably because the weather had cooled off.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: I can confirm at this point that the compressor is engaging and disengaging.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.
Hello, year? model? engine?